Theory of Relativity



I have recently moved from Mumbai to Pune. Compared to Mumbai, Pune is a very small city.


View Larger Map

Earlier, while I was in Mumbai, I used to travel around 10km from my home to reach office and it used to take around 45 minutes. Still I felt I was staying very near to office because there were people who used to travel for like 1.5 hours to reach office. 
Whereas in Pune, if somebody is travelling 10km, people say, my god! Why you stay so far away from office? Do you see what I mean to say? Just because one city is small compared to other and so now the distance people have to travel is reduced, one’s perception about “Far” and “Near” is changed. If you look around and try to think on these lines, you will find many more such examples. This I call “Theory of Relativity” of life. 

I felt, most of the decisions we take are based on the circumstances, people around us. The point I am trying to make is that its just not good to regret your post decisions and keep cribbing about them. Whatever decision was taken, it was apt for that situation. It’s all about relativity to the situation. But with time, the situation has changed and also the extent of relativity has gone down. So at times, the past decisions appear to be wrong. The wise thing to do would be as they say “learn from the experience and keep going”. 


Post a Comment

0 Comments