Now I believe him...

I was once travelling by city bus in Mumbai. There was a lot of traffic jam and the bus was moving at a very slow place. The reason for the traffic was the work related to metro train being done on one side of the road. I had a aisle seat. I was watching a young man of around my age working on the drilling machine. He was wearing a torn, muddy  trousers and a similar vest. Unconcerned about the traffic chaos around him, I felt he was doing his job as religiously as possible. I thought why is his life different from mine. The answers are many and very simple and very obvious like he is not as educated as I am, he does not have the computer programming skills that I have. But still the question is not answered. I am educated because I was born in a family which could manage to educate me, I acquired skills because I had the money to learn them, people around me directly and indirectly time and again helped me polish my attitude, enhance my skills.
But the guy working on the drill machine was I guess not as fortunate as I am. I am fortunate to have the family that I have, to have the people around me that I have. So the answer is, he is what he is and I am what I am because of the family in which we both are born, the people whom me met. There was an immediate question that crossed my mind. Who decided the families where we both would born, the people we met? This question is more of a mystery that will never be solved or answered by anybody. I am sure there is some force which took these decisions and set the course of our individual lives. 
My family calls this force GodAnd after this experience with myself, I am very much in sync with their ideas. I have started believing in God.

Post a Comment

3 Comments

  1. Really true... I was and will be a strong believer in GOD always. If you closely watch there are so many questions around which can be anwsered similarly... Nice article

    ReplyDelete
  2. Correct... Beliving in GOD is living life with Confidence...

    ReplyDelete
  3. An important lesson to learn from the drilling man.He was disturbed by bus horns, shouting people,pollution,sun light, etc.Despite all this, the man was religiously engaged in work, continue to complete it.Like wise our lives are surrounded by sorrows, difficulties,tears,people blaming you, etc. It teaches us that in life we will face such difficulties,but still we need to continue like this man.

    ReplyDelete