My New Year thoughts

Bigg Boss season 3 finished recently and my favourite actor Big B was the host. The media was buzzing around about the compensation paid to Amitabh. It is said to be 1.25 crores per episode. ...isnt it a whooping amount. I mean, probably half of India’s population will not be able to earn 1 crores in their entire lifetime. There are people in our country who earn not more than 100 rupees a day after tiring physical work for the whole day. The amount being paid to Mr.Bachchan is definitely huge. I was amazed by the news and could not stop myself from tagging Big B as “Lucky”.


But this tag “Lucky” is very bad. I personally feel we use it many a times to justify our inability to achieve somebody else has achieve. I recently read a book called “Outliers” and it shortlists two of the qualities of successful people. One is that they are bestowed with opportunities which the normal people might not get and the other is their capacity to work continuously and tirelessly. We normally get bogged down by the first quality and so at times give up things feeling we will never achieve it because we are just not lucky enough or in simple words “Unlucky”. But putting in a little more brain, it’s not difficult to realise that the two qualities can be categorised as “Out of my control” and “Within my Control”. Being lucky is not in my control but working hard enough is for sure something which I have control upon.

Most of us would have been amazed reading news about Big B’s compensation but very few might have realised that it has taken him 40 years of hard work to achieve such worthiness. At 67, he sleeps only for 4-5 hours. His body language, the energy he exhibits gives a very clear message about his strong will power, his determination that he is just unstoppable.

Also it’s very difficult to know if you have been lucky or not until you have been in the game for a considerable time. I mean, we at this stage are calling Mr.Bachchan lucky after being in Bollywood for 40 years, but there would have been people who must have laughed at him when he had showed interest in films and more so when his films bumped one after another 13 times. So I decided that instead of cribbing about the things which are full of disguise and out of my control, I will rather make sure I give my best shot to the things which are under my control. And remember, success is result of both the qualities.

Post a Comment

0 Comments