Matter of a mouthful

Being a blogger, I feel apart from putting across my thoughts, I should also support, raise awareness whereever and whenever possible. One such platform is Blog Action Day. I would be happy and feel privileged if my post saves even a glass of water. Because we all know, Water is synonym of life. No Water No life....

This is a kind of very weird observation I have made and I am sure many of you might consider me crazy. But I feel its worth of a mention and consideration.

I have seen many a times  people often leaving a mouthful, a sip of water in the glass and throw it away. It happens every where, in office, at home, on visit to a relative literally every where and we all do it. We follow a culture of offering water to our guests and so it is possible that we end up offering more than the thirst of the guest. But still if the water in the glass is more than the thirst,instead of throwing away, why dont drink it up.

I am sure its not gonna harm in any way possible. In fact, drinking more water is considered fashionable and is good for health. All the good looking actresses swear doing so and recommend drinking more water.


I dont understand whats in the peoples mind, dont they get the gauge of the thirst and how much water is needed. May be we do it unconsciously and unintentionally. But still a very scare natural resoruce is being wasted.


Its high time we value the resources we have access to an before wasting it, think of the not so lucky people who have to fight for it.

Please have a look at this reports which forced me to write this blog rather a humble request...

http://www.arlingtoninstitute.org/wbp/global-water-crisis/606#

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/man-killed-over-fight-for-drinking-water-in-haryana/96951-3.html

Just Google for "drinking water crisis in India" or "fight for water" and you will find many more such reports.

Save Water...Save life...

Post a Comment

1 Comments

  1. To save water at home, we follow at home is that we offer an empty glass with a bottle of water to our guests and relatives. Sometimes we help to fill the glass or request them to get it 'As Much They Like'.

    ReplyDelete